Your subscription lasts for one year unless agreed otherwise.
We will alert you when your subscription is due for renewal. If you wish to terminate your subscription you should then tell us so in writing (e.g. email). Failing that we will send you an invoice for the next year’s subscription. You will have a further ten days from that invoice to tell us that you wish to terminate your subscription. If you do not do so your subscription will be continue for the next year, on the same terms, and you will be liable to pay the invoice.
SCALE OF CHARGES
Our fees normally vary according to the number of people in your organisation and according to their role. If your number of staff increases during a subscription period for which you have paid we will not normally make an additional charge, but we reserve the right to do so if the numbers increase by more than 20% or if it seems the information you provided to us about your numbers was not accurate.
We may agree a discount with you in return for you committing to a subscription for more than one year. Your annual fee will then be fixed accordingly for the duration of your commitment (give or take any adjustments that may arise due to significant changes in your staff numbers).
OUR IP RIGHTS
Our materials are copyright and may only be used by partners, directors and employees of your organisation. You agree to use your best endeavours to prevent any breach of our intellectual property rights, and to assist us in taking action against anyone responsible for such breach. You will inform us of such breaches of which you become aware. In the case of breach we may notify any appropriate professional body, and the police, and bring legal proceedings against those responsible. Action which may cause us to do that would include providing your login details and password to people outside your firm or otherwise allowing anyone outside your firm to see copies of our materials. We monitor the IP address of computers accessing our on-line materials and will notify you of any suspicious usage.
We will normally communicate with you by email. You agree to notify us of any change to the email address we should use, and to ensure that messages from @socrates-training.co.uk are not blocked by your spam filter. If any communication we send to you does not get through as a result of such failure, it will be deemed to have been received by you.
We agree to keep safe and confidential information provided by you and your users in the course of using our online system, such as email addresses and training records. We will use it only for the purposes for which it is provided. You can have the personal data of your users saved on our Learning Management System deleted at any time on request.
If any person has given us their contact details for the purpose of us communicating with them about our services we may from time to time use those details to send them relevant information. That may include bulletins about legal developments which are part of our other services. It may also include information about our services, including new products or the renewal or revival of your organisation’s subscription with us. If you do not wish to receive that information please notify us, preferably in writing.
Further, to the extent that we are data processors for you under data protection law, we will comply with our duties towards you under the GDPR, which include that we will:
– only act on your written instructions (unless required by law to act without such instructions);
– take appropriate measures to ensure the security of processing, including ensuring that people processing your personal data are subject to a duty of confidence;
– only engage a sub-processor with your prior consent and a written contract;
– assist you in meeting your GDPR obligations including in relation to the security of processing and the notification of personal data breaches and data protection impact assessments, in providing subject access requests, in allowing data subjects to exercise their rights under the GDPR, in submitting to audits and inspections, and in providing you with whatever information you need to ensure that you and we are both meeting our GDPR obligations;
– tell you immediately if we are asked to do something infringing the GDPR or other data protection law of the EU or a member state;
– delete or return all personal data to you as requested at the end of the contract.
We always endeavour to state the law clearly and accurately, but neither Socrates Training Limited nor individual contributors can accept liability for losses caused by accidental errors in our materials. We may from time to time answer questions from subscribers. That is done on a voluntary basis and neither Socrates Training Limited nor the individuals involved accept any liability for the consequences of reliance.